Covid-19 update 1st June
June 1, 2020
There has been some easing of the guidelines with regards to tennis that we need to update you on. Below reflects the up to date guidelines for tennis at Towcestrians.
Facilities at the club :
- The club house will NOT be open for general admittance. There is an ongoing discussion about opening the toilet and washroom facilities at the side entrance to the clubhouse and IF they do open, we would ask that members enter only that part of the clubhouse.
- We have provided liquid soap dispensers by the outside tap at the side entrance to the club to allow members to wash their hands if they need to. We are recommending that all players wash hands and clean equipment before they leave home to come and play. It is further recommended that you bring your own soap/hand gel as we cannot guarantee that there will be supplies at the club whilst the clubhouse is closed,.
Changes at the club to reduce touchpoints :
- Benches and balls have been removed from the courts. If you do want to play, you must bring your own balls.
- The rear gate on courts 1 and 2 has been reopened to allow for safer access onto and off courts. If you wish to get to court 2 whilst there is play on court 1, use the new entrance.
- if you need to wait for players to come off court, please give 2 metre distancing.
Who can play :
- You must be a member or use Pay and Play option.
- Members who are isolating together (including families) can play singles or doubles tennis without restrictions.
- Singles and doubles matches between players who are not isolating together are now permissible. However, social distancing should be maintained. The requirement for each player to have their own balls has been lifted BUT you and your fellow players should agree beforehand whether you wish to use separate balls or not.
- If you do use separate balls, each set of balls should be clearly marked for easy identification. Other players’ balls can be kicked or flicked back to them without the need to touch with their hands. When changing ends maintain the 2 metre distancing.
- Juniors over 16 can continue to play unsupervised using the measures in place. Juniors under 16 need to have adult supervision.
- Courts MUST be booked with the names of all players stated. Do NOT turn up on spec. We need to know who has been playing should there be a future requirement to trace.
Please do not :
- Adjust the heights of the nets. To minimise touchpoints, coaches or committee members will be checking net heights regularly so that you do not have to. If you do, you must immediately wash your hands.
- Use the brooms. Again, the courts will be swept regularly but if you have to for reasons of safe play, then please immediately wash your hands.
Other Club Activities :
- The restrictions on group coaching have been eased. Paul Valentine will be in communication with Parents/Guardians about the Junior Coaching Programme.
- Restarting Club Nights on Tuesdays and Thursdays is a possibility – we will advise soon..
- Team Tennis against other clubs is still off.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Thanks again to all of those who have renewed their memberships during this difficult time, it is appreciated. For those who wish to renew now, details are here.
For more on safe play recommendations, visit the Covid-19 update on lta.org.uk.
Enjoy safe playing.