As an LTA associated tennis club, we take the safety and welfare of our members very seriously, and we ensure we comply with the safeguarding measures put in place by the LTA.
See here for our British Tennis Diversity and Inclusion Policy:
Our safeguarding representative is Emma Cannon, you can find her contact information on our contact page. Emma has completed all the necessary safeguarding courses to ensure our club has met the required standards.
Towcestrians Tennis Club Safeguarding Policy Statement
Towcestrians Tennis Club acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and adults at risk. The club is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and LTA requirements.
See here for a copy of the club’s full safeguarding policy is available here:
The club’s safeguarding policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children and adults at risk are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, ability or disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, socio-economic background, all children:
- have a positive and enjoyable experience of tennis at Towcestrians Tennis Club in a safe and inclusive environment.
- are protected from abuse whilst participating in tennis.
Towcestrians Tennis Club acknowledges that some children, including disabled children and young people or those from ethnic minority communities, can be particularly vulnerable to abuse and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
As part of our safeguarding policy Towcestrians Tennis Club will:
- promote and prioritise the safety and well-being of children and adults at risk.
- ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and adults at risk.
- encourage and maintain a culture where people feel able to raise a genuine safeguarding concern and are confident that it will be taken seriously.
- ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern.
- ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored.
- prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals.
- ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
The club’s policy and procedures will be widely promoted and are mandatory for everyone involved in Towcestrians Tennis Club. Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed and may result in dismissal/exclusion from the club.
Anyone who does not feel comfortable raising a concern with the Club Welfare Officer should contact the LTA Safeguarding Team directly on 020 8487 7000, the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) or the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000. Further details about whistleblowing can be found in the club’s safeguarding policy.
The club’s safeguarding policy will be reviewed every two years, or sooner in the following circumstances:
- changes in legislation and/or government guidance.
- as required by the Local Safeguarding Children Board or LTA.
- as a result of any other significant change or event.